Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Maybe it's me

Maybe I'm just intolerant. I'm the kind of person who cringes when people lose the "v" in "voila" and say "walah" or say "new-kyew-lar" instead of "nuclear." (Say, "new". Say, "clear". Now, say, "nuclear". Wasn't that easy?) So, what do I do so that it doesn't bother me every time Tiff says, "Okay, José," instead of, "No way, José," which is at least two dozen times a day? It's not as if the woman was butchering a quote from great literature. It's not even a significant part of speech. (She does also butcher English. Another of her favorite sayings is, "Seek and thou shall find." It's not important enough for me to correct her and explain that it's, "Seek and ye shall find.") Besides, she'd just tell me the same thing she always tells me when I try to help her, "Who cares? It doesn't matter." That goes equally for, "Yes, they need the original of that document, not a copy," and "You put the paper in the fax machine upside-down." "It doesn't matter. Nobody cares." I beg to differ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home